How to make American Girl Candy Sleigh
A few weeks ago we received a fabulous request for some candy wrappers. We have already made a few candy wrappers, but this request was for something a little different. These were to be used for making American Girl Candy Sleighs! What a fun and cute idea! This craft is one to keep you and your crafting helpers busy. The kids and I made an afternoon of it and we had so much fun. There are two printables to choose from. One with Holiday bows and one without. I think the bows are great for Christmas scenes and the ones without bows will be cute in candy jars throughout the year!
Shelly from Shelly’s Doll World used these printables to set up a scene of her dolls making the candy sleighs and it’s gorgeous. The dolls are super busy making gifts for their friends!
- Glue Stick
- Craft Foam
- Aluminum Foil
- Mini Candy Canes
- American Girl Candy Wrappers
- American Girl Candy Wrappers with bows
Watch and tell us what your dolls will do with the candy! ?
- Shelly used real mini candy canes and I used mini candy cane ornaments. You can find the ornaments at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. I’m sure other stores have them too. Or, if you want to craft a little more, make them from red and white pipe cleaners!
- I don’t have the measurements for the candy bars, I just eye balled it. Your candy canes might be bigger or smaller, so to make your candies look right you might need to cut the printables down to smaller size. I used them as is.
- Double sided tape was easier my little ones to use, but if you can use hot glue to assemble the sleigh, that’s a good choice too.
- Cover the Kit Kat with packaging tape when it’s put together to give the wrapper a shiny look, just like the original.
- I did use a 5mm brown craft foam sheet, but really any color or thickness will work. If it’s a very thin craft foam, you might need to glue a few layers together to get the right “thickness” for the candy bars.