DIY American Girl Play Doh Craft
DIY American Girl Play Doh Craft
This craft has been requested before but it didn’t really stick in my mind until recently. We are a play doh loving family so this is perfect to have for our dolls too. The DIY play doh could also make a great addition to the game room in your dolls house. This is a quick and easy craft and we hope you love it!
- Empty Paint Pots *We use the .17 fl. oz. ones
- Craft Paint
- Play Doh or Model Magic *To fill the containers
- Play Doh 4 Pack Printable
- Play Doh Box Set Printables
- Play Doh Labels
- FOR THE PRINTABLES- Before you hit the print button, make sure your printer setting is on “PRINT ENTIRE IMAGE”. If you do not select that option your printables will be too small, probably barbie size. If you do select print entire image, yours should print the same size as ours in the pictures/video.
- We used nail polish instead of craft paint just to try it out. I think the best for plastic is always a model paint though like Testers. Michael’s has an awesome selection of model paint colors. Much more than Hobby Lobby.
- To cut out the sides of the 4-pack printable where the lids poke through, we just used an X-Acto knife. For the circles on the top, we used a hole punch.
- If you use a craft paint or nail polish, you still have to seal it so it doesn’t scratch/peel off. Model paint is the only paint I’ve found that doesn’t scratch with wear and tear.
Watch and be sure to give us a thumbs up if you want us to show you how we make our homemade play doh!
DIY American Girl Play Doh Craft was last modified: March 21st, 2017 by
31 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.
July 15, 2016 at 9:44 pm –
This was a really good craft, for most of the crafts, i don’t have anything u need to make the item. Luckily, i had what it takes for this, except i don’t know if i had the right size containers. So, they didn’t fit in the holder. Otherwise, i loved this craft!
May 23, 2016 at 3:04 pm –
i cant find the printables anywhere!! ?
April 1, 2016 at 6:42 am –
Would you please do a jpg we also cant print entire image on our printer
March 16, 2016 at 1:03 am –
Hi but I didn’t found the printable
March 16, 2016 at 7:54 am –
It’s listed under the materials needed list. Just click on the words.
March 7, 2016 at 1:50 pm –
We can’t find print entire page on our printer. Any other suggestions?
March 6, 2016 at 6:56 pm –
Play-doh sooooooooo cool ?
February 29, 2016 at 6:56 am –
This is so cool and cute! Please show us how to make homade Play Doh. I also would like to see how to make a jump rope for the dolls.
February 28, 2016 at 10:21 am –
Can you do some chocolate easter crafts, and school supplies!?
February 28, 2016 at 9:50 am –
I would like you to just craft a Easter basket and candy and Easter eggs?
February 28, 2016 at 7:00 am –
*homemade play dough
February 28, 2016 at 6:59 am –
Can u please show us how to make your own play dough?
February 27, 2016 at 9:47 pm –
Please make a DIY for an AG lava lamp or pencil case???!!!
February 27, 2016 at 3:45 pm –
I love it!!!!!!!
February 27, 2016 at 3:17 pm –
Please show us how to make AG Oreos
February 27, 2016 at 1:37 pm –
This is so cute! I would love to make this! If I can find any Play-Doh that my little brother didn’t leave out so that it dried LOL!
Thankfully I know how to make dough allready! I would love to see yours, though!
February 27, 2016 at 1:23 pm –
I painted my paint pots today! (Whatever you call them lol) Now I have to let them dry, put the labels on, and add some dough!!! And I have to paint the lids……. Not sure what color yet though ?
February 27, 2016 at 1:07 pm –
So cute!! YES, show us how you make homemade play doh!! Could you make a doll hammock for like Leah? Thanks!!
February 27, 2016 at 11:50 am –
Yeah please make homemade play dough! Can u also show us how to make a doll remote for tv?
February 27, 2016 at 9:25 am –
Yes please show us how you made your homemade play doh!
kaitlynrh1 from kaits ag crafts
February 27, 2016 at 9:16 am –
OMG this is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute
best craft ever
February 27, 2016 at 8:18 am –
Super cute! I am totally going to make this! Please show us how to make the homemade Play-Doh!
February 27, 2016 at 7:47 am –
This is gorgeous! so realistic!
yes please do the homemade play dough! So cute
February 27, 2016 at 7:01 am –
So cute! Must make this! Please show us how to do the play dough clay!
February 26, 2016 at 9:43 pm –
sorry didn’t mean hui in the end
February 26, 2016 at 9:42 pm –
I love this,and could you make home made play dough hui
February 26, 2016 at 5:58 pm –
super cute! i will just fill mine with play dough we have, if i can find any that my little brother and sisters haven’t mixed with any thing else yet… :p
February 26, 2016 at 5:47 pm –
February 26, 2016 at 5:35 pm –
SO. CUTE. MUST. MAKE. NOW.!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes! Show us how to make homemade play doh!
February 26, 2016 at 4:43 pm –
Yes the homemade play doh!