DIY American Girl Earring Tree Craft
DIY American Girl Earring Tree Craft
Our American Girl earring collection has grown tremendously in the past few weeks and it was time to organize them. The American Girl Earring Tree has been requested several times so we thought it would be cool to recreate something similar. This is a very simple craft and you might already have everything you need at home to make it! These would make cute party favors too at a birthday party. I think the party guests would have a great time making one to take home.
- Foam Board
- Bamboo Skewers or similar
- Craft Paint or Markers
- X-Acto Knife or Utility Knife
- Picture Frame
- Craft Foam Sheets
- American Girl Earring Holder Printables Large
- American Girl Earring Holder Printables Small
- American Girl Earring Tree Printable Large
- You can cut foam board with scissors (difficut but doable) or an X-Acto knife (easier but still must be careful). To get a straight edge with an X-Acto knife, the blade needs to go through the foam board completely when cutting. However, if you plan on doing more and more foam board projects (because we have many more coming your way) I highly recommend getting the FoamWerks tools. The one we used for the American Girl earring tree is the Circle Cutter and it cuts circles from 1″ to 6″. It’s a very handy tool and it gives you super smooth edges. You can get it alone or it also comes in the Deluxe Kit which has all the FoamWerks tools included.
- The base needs to be at least two layers of foam board. We tried one layer and it wasn’t sturdy enough.
- When painting foam board you must paint in thin layers so the foam board doesn’t get too wet and warp.
- We printed our printables on sticker paper because it was easier to attach them to the foam board. You can just glue them on though, or paint your own.
Watch and tell us which Earring Tree is your favorite!
DIY American Girl Earring Tree Craft was last modified: March 21st, 2017 by
19 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.
November 11, 2016 at 6:40 am –
March 4, 2016 at 5:00 pm –
Can you use regular craft foam?
February 25, 2016 at 6:55 pm –
Thanks so much!!!!! An thanks for giving a tip on cutting foam board with an X-acto knife! My edges are horribly jagged and that is because i first score, then cut through the Styrofoam, then Cut the last layer. It kind of looked col on Lea’s Fruit Stand because it looked like it was carved out of rock.
February 25, 2016 at 3:36 pm –
Can you please make a hot glue gun?
February 25, 2016 at 3:04 pm –
Oh my gosh! So adorable! Can you also please do the craft challenge from AG Chloe And Zoe? I would like to see some examples before I do it on my own…
February 25, 2016 at 12:23 pm –
Can you please make carnival food or replicate the OG A Day At The Fair?
February 25, 2016 at 11:41 am –
will you please make some stuff for easter? i would like that a lot!
February 25, 2016 at 9:49 am –
I love to picture frame and the tree! I would LOVE to make this craft but my dolls don’t have any earrings! :p
February 25, 2016 at 5:49 am –
An Eiffel Tower for Grace would be cute. A flower or bee hive might be interesting too.
I like all of the earring stands you made so far – very clever.
February 24, 2016 at 8:53 pm –
tree! So cute!
February 24, 2016 at 6:01 pm –
And can you make a ballerina bar for Isabelle
February 24, 2016 at 5:58 pm –
Oo h and a clock , sorry I’m getting carried away ??
February 24, 2016 at 5:56 pm –
I know Grace is archived but we can still make her stuff. So can you make stuff she would have in her kitchen like a tart or a little hanger for hanging kitchen utintles. I don’t know. I just want to make things and have a shout out ?
February 24, 2016 at 5:50 pm –
Hi can you make a doll microphone? And a doll selfie stick? And a hiking stick for Lea?
February 24, 2016 at 5:24 pm –
I like the fact that u put extra sticks to hold the bracelet. Cool idea!!!!!!!
February 24, 2016 at 4:35 pm –
February 24, 2016 at 3:19 pm –
Thank you I really wanted a earring tree! I like the star!
February 24, 2016 at 3:07 pm –
yay ive got earings but no holder thankd rudy!!!!
February 24, 2016 at 1:55 pm –