Miniature American Girl Doll Pringles Craft
Pringles have been requested for a while now. I have noticed the requests and always thought it would be such a cool craft. The moment just never came. We like to be inspired when we craft and it’s fun to have that ah hah moment when we’re brainstorming for our crafts. A week ago we went to see Ice Age and we enjoyed milkshakes at the theater. Another story but it was so much fun! The shakes were HUGE and came with full size ice cream sandwiches and brownies on top! They also came with oversized jumbo straws. They were cool. As soon as we left the theater I couldn’t stop thinking about those straws. And then it hit me, Pringles can! Of course I forgot the straws and ever since I’ve been kicking myself for not cleaning them and bringing them home with me. So, we made our own extra large jumbo straws with laminating sheets. So, if you don’t have jumbo straws, not to worry, you can use laminating sheets like we did or soft plastic packaging. Get creative with what you have on hand!
- Plastic Packaging OR Jumbo Straw
- Hot Glue
- Hole Punch or Scissors
- Card Stock
- American Girl Doll Pringles Printables
- Craft Foam
- We used sticker paper for our printables so we didn’t have to glue them on to the container. This is totally optional, but I like how easy it was to wrap around the container and stick into place.
- When I say you can substitute a jumbo straw for the container, I mean a JUMBO straw!
- When using hot glue to make the bottom of the container, let the hot glue cool down for at least 20 seconds before you put the straw or packaging on top. This way it wont melt your material and you end up with a slanted Pringles container.
- No jumbo straw or plastic packaging? Use clear laminating sheets. Just run them through the laminator empty. I also use this method when making windows for the dolls.