DIY American Girl Rock Wall Craft
This DIY American Girl Rock Wall craft is SO MUCH FUN to make! We did it as a team of four so it is definitely a craft for all ages. We are very happy with the end result and it will be a fun addition to our carnival scene which seems to be getting bigger and bigger as we go. Hmmmmmm. The requests that have come in for the carnival are overwhelming and that is a good things because so many creative ideas have been tossed around as the crew and I brainstorm. We have some fun crafts ahead!
- Tri-Fold Board
- Brown Paper Bags or Newspaper
- White Glue or Mod Podge
- Craft Paint *Greys
- Modeling Clay
- Scrap Cardboard
- Hot glue
- In addition to the cardboard for the rocks, we also added a few egg carton pieces to give it new shapes and dimensions. Some of the egg cartons we smooshed in!
- You can get the perfect rock wall coloring by blending and sponging different shades of grey. However, if you want to take it one step further for texture, you can use a texture spray paint. It has a high odor and it needs to be done in warm weather. Even outside I had to wear a mask over my face because I didn’t want to inhale it. The exact one I used is Color Tex One Step Textured Finish. You can see it in the video. I found it at Michael’s for $6 with a coupon.
- As I mentioned in the video, we only did the middle because we are saving the sides for a future craft. So, if you are building a carnival scene too you can follow along with us. Or, you can make the entire back of the trip-fold a rock wall.
- You can leave the trip-fold free standing so you can fold it up and put it away when done, or you can glue it to a base like a sheet of foam board. If you are using it for photography to pose your dolls climbing it, it needs to be secure to something so it doesn’t fall over. The dolls can climb it with the Our Generation Rock Wall Outfit!